Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tangled




Tangled




"Baby, it's 3 a.m. I must be lonely... well, I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes... - "3 a.m.," Matchbox 20




I want it all:


Your blood of hot chili peppers


Surging under sunburnt skin,


You sliding into me with the undulating roll


Made by the grinding hips of a thundering samba rhythm;




Your wild waterfall of jet curls


Washing over my white sand beach of skin,


Flowing ever downward, laving me


In a rain of soft, dark sensation


And backwashing warm, salty waves


Of seawater through my fingers.




Your mouth of live coals


Burning off the cold front blowing in


From the polar ice of my blue lips,


Igniting bushfires in the savannas of my body,


Kindling my driftwood eyes


To leaping points of red flame


And singeing the scrolled parchment of my soul;




Your scent of pine forests and musk,


The cedarwood incense of your man-smell


Curling up like smoke in the named temple of my bones,


Anointing the epicenter of these arms and legs


Where we commune in the most sacred of rites;




Your long craftsman's hands


Fashioning me in a filigree of


Gold tracery on a platinum core


And polishing away the years as if they had


Never passed through his body, this space,


As if they never were;




The long, muscled pillars of your legs,


Strong and ageless redwoods, sliding, supple,


Over and between mine and through the sweat beneath us


Until, torso to torso, we skydance


Into the pantheon of lovers-turned-deities


Where we will set fire to galaxies


With the blue-flame points of our fingertips


And melt comets in our palms;




The feline glow of your eyes


Watching mine in the dark, pulling away the sheets


By some arcane telekinesis and telexing


Your volcanic thoughts of me.




Yes, I want it all.




And once we've traveled


Past the climaxes of our bodies,


I want-most of all-


The pure, cool spring of your serenity


To slow my heartbeat's sprinting pace


And restore to me


All the dreams that withered


In your absence.




Dawn comes and I want to hold you till


I have it all, have what we came for.




Let the alarm clock ring until it is hoarse


Or smash into gazillion shattered shards


Of dead time frozen in colored plastic.




Let the world hang


And let me have it all.

3 comments:

pusanglokaret said...

Lee! thanks for featuring my photographs. You write so good..keep it up!

My Words Are For You To Read said...

tenkyooo judy pot pot! halabshoo ! :D

longjonblu said...

Very powerful and very moving poem. Thanks for sharing with the world.